Get to know Mermapillar's lovable nervous animal characters in the Classic Critters Spring 2011 line available for the 2010 holiday season. Indulge your little one in high-quality, chemical-free organic cotton basics made in the USA. The Classic Critters line includes easyÃÂ¯ÃÂ¿ÃÂ½ to wear and wash basics appliqued with signature bees, squirrels, whales, owls, pandas, lizards, and squids.
This super soft organic cotton bib is ideal for feeding your little one. Forget the plastic wear and wipe scratchy bibs, your baby will love the comfy feel of organic cotton and you'll love the ease of dropping in the laundry with the rest of baby's washables. High-quality organic cotton let's you wash time and again, while a velcro closure provides a hassle free feeding every time.
- Super Soft Organic Cotton
- Made in the USA
- Blue with Mermapillar tag
- Non-toxic eco-friendly dies
- Velcro closure
- Machine Washable
Due to individual monitor settings, actual color may vary
Mermapillar Brings You Baby and Toddler Apparel That's Fresh & Organic.
Whether squids or squirrels, lizards or ladybugs, all adorably nervous merma-critters are individually made with craft and care from your friends at Mermapillar.
Mermapillar, a Minneapolis company, brings you cuddably soft and adorably cute organic cotton infant to toddler apparel and accessories. With Mermapillar you can depend on the highest quality certified organic cotton for a soft second-skin feel, and a natural, healthy baby. All Mermapillar products are 100% sweatshop free, made in the USA for quality you can feel good about.
About Organic Cotton
The term organic describes the products of agriculture that do not use toxic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides or synthetic fertilizers. Organic methods consider the whole eco system and use natural techniques for plant growth, repelling pests and protecting and encouraging wildlife habitats. To gain organic certification, a farm must be inspected by an accredited certification organization using strict national (or international) standards. The term conventional cotton is used to describe mainstream non-organic cotton.
Pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, although for decades have been used to protect crops from animals, pests, and funguses, have an adverse impact on the eco-systems and environments around them. Such pesticides and chemicals used in growing conventional cotton are absorbed into the earth, the crop itself, and can be inhaled by the workers who handle these dangerous chemicals.
Did you know...
* Conventionally-grown cotton uses approximately 25% of the world's insecticides and more than 10% of the pesticides (OTA)
* Our skin can absorb up to 60% of what is put on our bodies, especially for children whose skin is 5 times thinner
* The EPA considers 7 of the top 15 pesticides used in growing conventional cotton as "likely" or "known" human carcinogens. (EPA)
* Conventionally grown cotton exposes our bodies to constant low levels of unnecessary chemicals used in processing the cotton
Why we choose Organic Cotton:
* Eco-friendly processing that does not compromise workers' health nor does it pollute the air, water, or soil
* Strict testing ensures the absence of contaminants like nickel, lead, formaldehyde, amines, pesticides and heavy metals, so it will never reach our skins
* Naturally grown cotton has denser fibers producing cloth that is beautifully soft, more durable and holds its shape better - even when washed repeatedly
Mermapillar is committed to sustainability of the planet and our resources. All products are made in the USA following fair labor practices, with organic cotton produced by the Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative. Instead of using conventionally grown cotton that contains vast amounts of chemicals, all garments are made from the purest and most natural form of cotton available. Dyeing processes are also eco-friendly, with low-impact, AZO-free and heavy metal free dyeing.